With doctors, nurses, staff, patients, and visitors coming and going, it is sometimes difficult to keep track of the numerous secure areas in today’s medical facilities. From outside doors and doors to wards, offices, and other rooms to medicine storage cabinets, medicine carts, computers, and medical records, there is an immediate need to restrict access to sensitive areas. Failure to monitor these areas can lead to prescription drug theft, employee assault, mistakes with medication, the compromising of patient medical records, and much more!
There is, however, a simple security solution…An Access Control System, which establishes an integrated system that runs off a medical facility’s existing IT network. And since these systems piggyback off of an existing network, it is easy to install door access readers to a common network switch with standard cables.
Comprehensive access control management software is then used to manage an unlimited number of readers from a single, Web-enabled interface.
Benefits of IP-Based Access Control Systems
• No need to tap into building power
• Reduce installation costs.
• Door access readers are constantly becoming more and more affordable.
• Very scalable.
• Remotely lock down a controlled area if needed.
• Manage the system via a Web browser using a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
• Using management software, reports can be generated to track access to any area.
• Access can be granted based on personnel or even a pre-determined time period.
For any further questions on Medical Facilities Protecting Against Unauthorized Access, simply contact ARK Systems at 1-800-995-0189 or click here today.
When you consider how crucial security can be, and when you think of all the options that you’re faced with today, one thing becomes clear. You need a contractor with experience. For assessment, design, installation, testing and service, ARK is the expert across the board.