A new year brings new possibilities and new expectations in the world of security cameras and related video surveillance technology. Here are some video surveillance trends to look out for in 2014.
- 180-/360-degree network cameras are expected to be the fastest growing product segments.
- The un-cooled thermal camera market will see price drops and increases in accessibility to consumers.
- Shipments of panoramic cameras, “are forecast to increase by more than 60 percent year-over-year.”
- The audio capabilities of security cameras are expected to improve.
- Demand for cloud-based video surveillance in China is expected to increase significantly.
- Video content analytics applications will expand to meet more advanced needs.
- Network-focused security companies will add new products and services in an effort to meet the ever-increasing scope of consumer needs.
- The emphasis on network-infrastructure will increase as network video surveillance continues to grow in the market.
- Police are predicted to use crowd-sourced resources such as video from smartphones in their security efforts. Boston police employed this strategy after the Boston Marathon bombings to help with their investigation.
- “With costs dropping and a refocus on protection in the post-Sandy Hook school shooting era, 2014 could be the year when live streaming of video surveillance to law enforcement becomes the norm.”
Security Systems in Columbia from ARK Systems, Inc.
Located in Columbia, Maryland, ARK Systems is dedicated to providing unsurpassed quality and excellence in the security industry, from system design to installation. We handle all aspects of security with skill and experience. With over 30 years in the industry, ARK Systems is an experienced security contractor. Trust ARK.