Today, more than ever before, it is incredibly important to monitor who comes and goes from our schools. And that is easier said than done. Between parents, vendors, volunteers, employees, and substitute teachers, the typical school experiences a lot of foot traffic on a daily basis. So how do schools effectively track these visitors?
Monitoring Schools Visitors
1. All schools should have a written visitor management policy in place.
2. There should only be one entrance/exit for visitors. It is much easier to monitor a single entry point than it would be to monitor multiple entrances.
3. Visitors should be required to show identification up entry. This ID should be checked against an electronic visitor management database, which searches FBI and state and local law enforcement files.
4. Visitors should then be issued an identification badge. These ID badges should also include an expiration time.
5. Some schools are even turning to professionally designed security systems, including access control.
Access Control from ARK Systems
ARK Systems is an industry leader in security design, installation and service; our equipment is strictly best-in-class; and our implementation is skillful and efficient—a fact that we’ve proven for over 30 years, at government facilities, research centers, corporate campuses, high-rises and educational institutions. We are fully licensed, UL 2050 listed for industrial high-security systems, and have a Department of Defense facility clearance. Plus, we’re an active member of all leading security organizations.
At ARK, we have the skill to assess your perceived level of threat, and then show you precisely what you need to address it.
For any further questions on Access Control in School, simply contact ARK Systems at 1-800-995-0189 or click here today.
Source: Managing School Visitors Security Today