As much as we would like to think otherwise, security systems for homes and security systems for businesses are pretty different. Both have their own goals and both have their own unique set of challenges. And then there are homeowners associations (HOA), which have completely separate security hurdles.
Perhaps the biggest challenge HOAs face is with their leadership. Have you ever heard the saying “Too many cooks spoil the broth?” While private homes and businesses have a single point of contact with a vested interest in the well being of the property, HOAs are typically governed by a board, whose members all have their own personal distractions. And when a single security concerns goes ignored, the entire security system suffers.
But there is a fairly simple solution to these security problems…Off-Site Video Monitoring and Storage.
More often than not, HOAs do not realize they even have a security problem until it is too late. Remote monitoring and storage offers several benefits, including:
•Low up-front cost. This is a big deal for HOAs with small budgets. While traditional systems start around $5,000, off-site monitoring offers a cost-effective security solution with many security companies offering monthly prices per camera.
• Access to the latest technology at no additional cost to the HOA.
• Traditional security systems can be difficult to learn…off-site monitoring is easy to use.
• Training is available.
•Off-site video can be accessed remotely via any Internet-connected device.
• Since everything is remotely accessible, there are no management issues for the HOA members.
• DVR and tape are subject to theft when stored on-site. With off-site storage, archived video is secure.
•At the HOA, only the network’s IP cameras and a switch are required. The video is available even if the HOA is burned down.
• Off-site monitoring leads to decrease in significant events (trespassing, destruction of property, vandalism, etc.)
• The system will send email alerts or similar notifications when problems arise.
For any further questions on Homeowners Associations, Security, and Off-Site Monitoring and Storage, simply contact ARK Systems at 1-800-995-0189 or click here today.
When you consider how crucial security can be, and when you think of all the options that you’re faced with today, one thing becomes clear. You need a contractor with experience. For assessment, design, installation, testing and service, ARK is the expert across the board.